Job Openings at Bethlehem First UMC
Are you interested in a job at Bethlehem First United Methodist Church? Do you feel called to work in a ministry setting? Listed below are currrent job openings at Bethlehem First United Methodist Church. If you see a job that interests you and you would like to know more, follow the instructions to contact one of our staff or church lay leaders. For questions or further information about jobs at Bethlehem First United Methodist Church, please call the church office at 770-867-3727 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Children’s Ministry
Regular office hours, Monday-Thursday and Sunday (40 hours/week)
The mission of Bethlehem First UMC is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The ministry of the Children’s Program shall be consistent with the principles of the Holy Bible, and the philosophies of the United Methodist Church as outlined in the Book of Discipline. The Director of Children’s Ministry shall work under the guidance of the Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Seek to live out and uphold the core values of Bethlehem First UMC.
- Demonstrate an outgoing, energetic, positive and enthusiastic personality.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all age groups.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in staff meetings and committee meetings as requested.
- Uphold and enforce the Safe Sanctuary Policies of Bethlehem First UMC.
- Acknowledge and insure strict adherence to the policies and procedures of the Bethlehem First United Methodist Church Employee Handbook.
- Supervise the children's ministry programming for infant to 5th grade, which includes Sunday morning activities, mid-week ministries, VBS, presentation of Bibles, and other children ministry’s events as planned (trunk or treat, Easter egg hunt, Advent activities, etc.).
- Build relationships with children and their families with the intention of partnering with parents in the spiritual growth of their children.
- Work with the Grow 1 Team to plan, develop, promote, and carry out the ministry to children and their families.
- Develop and empower volunteer staff to plan and carry out ministry to children and families.
- Oversee the purchasing, preparation, and distribution of curriculum and supplies for the children’s ministry.
- Oversee the budget for the children’s ministry.
- Administer BFUMC’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy for children’s ministry, youth ministry, recreation ministry, and senior adult ministry. This will include offering regular training events for all church volunteers working directly with children, youth or senior adults.
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings.
Childcare and Nursery
- Supervise and support staff daily and evaluate childcare staff at least once a year.
- Train new childcare staff members.
- Recruit and interview childcare applicants and volunteers for church activities.
- Prepare monthly childcare schedule.
- Oversee budget for childcare and nursery.
- Maintain and purchase supplies.
Preschool & Summer Camp
- Oversee Preschool Director and serve on Preschool Board.
- Work with Preschool Director in the scheduling of monthly chapel.
- Represent the church at parent meetings and other preschool events.
- Work with the Preschool Board and Director to communicate church events to preschool families.
- Oversee Summer Camp Director
- Evaluate Preschool Director and Summer Director annually.
- Assist Associate Pastor with our Bethlehem Elementary School partnership (i.e. annual Easter Egg Hunt, Trunk-or-Treat, Teacher breakfasts, etc.)